Every morning the Committee on Agenda and Calendar meets at 6:30 a.m. with the presiding bishops for the day, and the chairs of the legislative committees. Here are some notes from that meeting:
- Presiding Bishops
- Bishop Michael Watson
- Bishop Janice Riggle Huie
- Bishop H. Warner Brown Jr.
- Bishop Robert Hoshibata
- As of this morning, the General Conference has dealt with 15% of the calendar items eligible for floor debate and consideration (non consent items).
- Issues which may be considred this morning:
- Complaint Process Revision
- Church Restructuring (PlanUMC)
- UMC relationship with Israel/Palestine (including divestiture)
- Change of name from “lay speaker” to “lay servant”
- Balance between lay and clergy
Like what you're reading? Support the ministry of UM News! Your support ensures the latest denominational news, dynamic stories and informative articles will continue to connect our global community. Make a tax-deductible donation at ResourceUMC.org/GiveUMCom.