Every morning at 6:30 a.m. the Committee on Agenda and Calender meet for breakfast to set the day’s agenda. Here are a few random notes from that meeting:
- Presiding Bishops for the Day:
Bishop Sally Dyck and Bishop John Schol
- Elections — 10:20 a.m.
- Judicial Council
- University Senate
- Trustees of John’s Street Church
- Secretary of the General Conference
- The morning will be taken with the presentation of 9 consent calendars, since this is the first time that the plenary body has had a chance to consider legislation.
- Items that were not supported or not considered by the committees will be printed in today’s DCA and will be eligible for being lifted from those categories by obtaining 20 signatures of support.
- The General Administration and the Conferences committees have related items on the Commission on General Conference, and will present those items together.
- No items on human sexuality will be considered today. The intention is to consider allthe items related to human sexuality in a single session later in the week.
- The current plan for getting to church restructuring would have all the proposed amendments to the two “official plans” (CTA/IOT and MFSA) printed in Tuesday’s DCA for consideration at the earliest on Wednesday. Although they did not define the nature of the amendments to be printed, one would assume that includes elements of Plan B which was never offered as an official petition.
- The issue of espiscopal term limits, which was rejected in committee, has been lifted and will be likely brought to the floor today.
- It’s very possible that some of the social implications petitions considered in Church and Society A will come to the floor today.