International Disaster Response*
*100% of your donation goes to relief efforts
Read and Learn:
According to statistics, the Philippines is visited by an average of 20 typhoons every year, five of which are destructive. In October, 2016, powerful back-to-back typhoons pummeled the country. First, Typhoon Sarika made landfall over Luzon on October 15, 2016. Then Typhoon Haima hit the island four days later. You can donate now to help those affected by the storms. And read more about the United Methodist response on the ground.
In November, 2013, Typhoon Haiyan, possibly the strongest storm ever to make landfall, battered parts of the Philippines.
UMCOR, the relief agency of The United Methodist Church, works with partners in the Philippines to provide assistance following typhoons. United Methodists across the globe are in solidarity with all those affected, offering prayers, support and aid.
Learn more about the church's response to disasters.
- New homes for survivors of Typhoon Haiyan
- Commentary: Sharing pain, hope, in typhoon’s wake
- 2013: Cleaning up after dangerous winds, floods
- Stop Hunger Now aids Typhoon Haiyan survivors
- Typhoon Haiyan and the need for climate justice
- Church helps rebuild communications in Philippines
- Bringing comfort to typhoon survivors in Philippines
- Ecumenical ties in Philippines assist aid efforts
- Young adults reach out to Philippines survivors
- UMCOR relief truck ready to roll
- UM pastor in Tacloban recalls typhoon ordeal
- Rev. Lilian Gallo Seagren talks with Filipino colleague
- In U.S., Filipinos ready to aid typhoon survivors
- UPDATE: Missing Filipino pastor OK
- UMCOR relief money on way to Philippines
- How to contribute to the relief effort for the Philippines
- UMCOR, the relief agency of The United Methodist Church
- How to make cleaning buckets
- Global Communications: ICT4D
- Churches Dealing with Disaster
Like what you're reading? Support the ministry of UM News! Your support ensures the latest denominational news, dynamic stories and informative articles will continue to connect our global community. Make a tax-deductible donation at ResourceUMC.org/GiveUMCom.