Here’s what’s up for GC2012 today:
- People will be arriving and registering throughout the day.
- Most of the morning will be taken by various committee meetings as the General Conference organizes itself, including:
- Orientation for Delegation Heads
- Committee on the Agenda and Calendar
- Committee on Courtesies
- Committee on Credentials
- Committee on the Journal
- Standing Committee on General Conference Matters
- Briefing for delegates under the age of 30
- Briefing for racial and ethnic minority delegates
- Briefing for women delegates
- Orientation for seminary students
- Orientation for first time delegates
- The event really kicks off at 4:00 p.m. with Opening Worship and Holy Communion.
- The event will bestreamed liveon the new.
- We will be live blogging from the worship service athttp://www.gc2012conversations.com/category/live-blog/
- After a dinner break, the Conference will reconvene for the organization of the General Conference at 7:30 p.m. This will likewise bestreamed live.
Tomorrow the work of legislative committees begins…
Like what you're reading? United Methodist Communications is celebrating 80 years of ministry! Your support ensures the latest denominational news, dynamic stories and informative articles will continue to connect our global community. Make a tax-deductible donation at ResourceUMC.org/GiveUMCom.